Sunday, October 11, 2009

Injured...Again...

Well, as most of you know, I was injured a couple weeks ago. It was on the very last play of practice on Thursday before our first region game. I have missed the meat of our season. It really stinks. I am hoping to be back this week, but who knows. Anyways, how it happened is this: It was during the 2-minute drill in practice. I was on defense playing my position at outside linebacker, who has quarterback contain rush responsibility. Anyways, on this last play, the QB rolled out. So, because it is my job, I rushed him. However, the runningback came to block me. So, I got around him(I would've just hit him but we weren't wearing pads), but as I was getting around him the RB pushed me. As I took that step to regain balance, my ankle twisted and rolled to the side, accompanied by a pop or crack of some sort. I fell on the ground, immediately knowing I was injured. I was furious, but there isn't anything I could do about it. Turns out it is a grade 2 sprain and I was told I would be out for a month. However, I plan to be back sooner than he said. So, I have sat reluctantly on the sideline, anxiously waiting my turn to take the field again. Here are some pictures of my foot several days after it happened(it did look much worse, but I didn't take pictures till later, sorry). P.S. Our team is 4-2 baby!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Yuck Jason! You shouldn't do things like that to yourself! :) yikes!

    ReplyDelete